I T 2021
In the Spirit of Mandela
October 2021 International Tribunal
Call to Action
You and your organization and associates are called upon to endorse, support, plan for, contribute, and save the date for the 2021 International Tribunal
Created in 2018, In the Spirit of Mandela Coalition is a growing coalition of organizations, activists, academics, clergy and attorneys committed to organizing against the systemic and historic ongoing human rights violations and abuses committed against African Americans/Black/New African and Indigenous people in the United States.
IMMEDIATE GOAL: To conduct an International Tribunal indicting the United States government and its States charging genocide against Black and Indigenous people, followed by clear remedial, redemptive, and reparative action steps.
- Organize a national support base to accomplish the goal
- 100,000 Organization Endorsements from across the United States
- Organize and establish a team of Academics to research and gather the information/evidence to support the Indictment
- Organize a team of Lawyers to receive the evidence and construct the Indictment
- Create the “Peoples’ Indictment” charging genocide and human rights violations against Black and Indigenous people in the United States
- Reconnect with and continue the efforts of past tribunals charging genocide. Ref: https://www.peoplesworld.org/article/we-charge-genocide-the-cry-rings-true-52-years-later/
DATE/VENUE: Friday 10/22/2021 – Sunday, 10/24/2021;Verdict announced at Press Conference Monday, 10/25/2021 (Save and block off the dates). Venue: New York City (TBF – based upon impact of the Coronavirus and how much will be virtual; however, all of it will be live streamed)
- Codification, canalization, and publishing of content and results of the Tribunal
- Provide focused political and legal information for reparation initiatives
- Based on the proven violations of “domestic law” provide the basis for filing federal and state lawsuits, thus compelling federal and states governments to respond
- Strengthen the call for Freeing Political Prisoners
- Sustain and maintain a healthy and viable massive network of activists, academics, lawyers, clergy, organizations, etc. concerned about the government’s gross human rights violations as charged in the Tribunal
- As a result of the mass organizing and mobilizing of people and organizations, establish a national “People’s Senate” to represent the interest and needs of Black people in the United States across all 50 states, indigenous tribes and major religions.
Contacts: Jihad Abdulmumit 804-304-8595 Matt Meyer 718-930-5016